Thursday, March 15, 2012

Bittoo Boss perfect launch pad for me: Pulkit Samrat Read more at: http://movies.ndtv.com/movie_story.aspx?Section=Movies&ID=ENTEN20120197125&subcat

Actor Pulkit Samrat, who is making his Bollywood debut with Bittoo Boss, a film about the journey of a wedding videographer from Punjab, says it is a perfect launch pad for him.

The 28-year-old actor-model, who rose to fame as Lakshya Virani in Ekta Kapoor's Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, is hoping to make a successful transition from TV to Bollywood through this film.

"It is wholesome entertainment. I always thought that if I ever make my Bollywood debut it should be with a film which has a good story, which has emotions, romance. Bittoo Boss is all that I ever dreamt of and is the perfect launch pad for me," said Pulkit .

The actor says he had to go through several rounds of audition before finally bagging the role in the movie by debutante Supavitra Babul.

"I had to undergo several rounds of auditions. Initially, I was constantly being rejected as the role required me to look rugged and director thought I had a sophisticated look. But I worked towards the looks and convinced him finally that I can fit quite well into the role," he said.

Pulkit said he had no idea of the story when he signed the film as he was too excited to bag a lead role. v"I signed the film even without reading the script. I had no idea what the story was about. It didn't matter to me me at that time. I was so overwhelmed to get a lead in a film that I couldn't think of anything else. After waiting for so many years, I am very excited to see the dream come true," he said.

Pulkit said that he was a bit concerned with the fact that his character in the film seemed to have slight resemblance with Ranveer Singh's role in 2010 film Band Baaja Baaraat but he says he later realised that his Bittoo is a rural boy and far more charming than Ranveer's character.

"I was concerned that there might be some similarity between my character and that of Ranveer Singh's but I later realised that his character was a city boy while mine is a boy from a small town. My accent in the film is also very rustic and my Bittoo is far more charming, egoistic, erratic," Pulkit said.

The actor belongs to an affluent business family in the capital and he says he does not work for money but to pursue his passion for acting.

"I have never worked for money. My job is to entertain and I take it very seriously. That is the whole reason of my being an actor. I have always wanted to act in films. Even when I was working in Kyuki.....', I kept on hoping that one day I will get a chance to show my talent in films," he said.

Pulkit has an image of a 'chocolate boy' since the time he made his acting debut on the small screen and he says he wants to carry it forward in films as well.

"I want to maintain the chocolate boy image that I have. I want to be a romantic hero but I am also open to experimenting," he added.

The film also stars Amita Pathak, producer Kumar Mangat's daughter and will hit the theaters on April 20.

No comments:

Post a Comment